Preparing and respecting the Future
As a global leader in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry, Novacap is committed to make Sustainable Development (SD) and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) a priority. A dedicated organization is managing a structured, shared and responsible program based on 12 commitments to its Stakeholders:
- Make health and occupational safety of our employees and partners our first priority
- Respect human rights, labor rights and practice a high quality social dialogue
- Develop employees engagement, talent and skills
- Dialog and build trust with local communities
- Minimize process and product environmental impact at every stage
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions within planet boundaries
- Master process safety and product transportation
- Reinforce sustainable sourcing and preserve natural resources
- Be recognized for our strong customer focus and our respect of regulation and quality standards
- Be a compliant, ethical and trustworthy business partner all along our responsible supply chain.
- Foster and deploy sustainable innovations
- Generate significant and sustainable value through Operational Excellence
At the operational level, all our entities implement QHSE management systems aiming for Excellence. Our certifications (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001, OHSAS 18001, HACCP, cGMP as relevant for each entity) demonstrate our strong willingness to comply with the most demanding international standards.
Based on these 12 commitments, key performance and progress indicators (KPIs) are monitored; associated action plans are designed by each entity and reviewed periodically with Management.
Our active membership in the United Nations Global Compact, and in the Responsible Care initiative worldwide, a Global Charter created by the International Council of Chemical Associations also demonstrate Novacap engagement towards Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Novacap managers are responsible for the roll-out of this policy among our employees and partners. They ensure compliance to procedures and working methods, such as Novacap golden rules, as described in Novacap management book.
Responsible Care* is an initiative of the International Council of Chemical Associations (International Council of Chemicals Associations — CICA) and the Chemical Industry in the world in which the companies in this sector, with the support of their associations national, continually striving to improve the protection of health, safety and environmental performance, while communicating on their products and processes with stakeholders. Responsible Care is the ethical foundation that allows the creation of essential products that contribute to a sustainable future. These new products and new technologies are the efforts worldwide to reduce energy consumption, minimize emissions of greenhouse gases (GHGs) and reduce the ecological footprint of human activities on our planet and its resources.
The Global Compact* is an agreement by which companies are committed to aligning their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in human rights, labor standards, the environment and the fight against corruption. The Global Compact, the world’s corporate citizenship initiative – which includes 12,000 participants in over 145 countries – has first to promote the social legitimacy of business and markets to target. Join the Global Compact is to share the conviction that business practices based on a number of universally recognized principles contribute to the emergence of a more stable, more equitable and more open and dynamic societies and prosperous global market.
Download our Sustainable development policy :